Crime Prevention Services Unit
Sgt. David Kullgren
Off. Maryhelen McCarthy
Off. Felcia Figol
Off. Richard Monckton
Telephone Number 203-270-4255
IT IS THE MISSION OF THE NEWTOWN POLICE CRIME PREVENTION SERVICES UNIT TO:
Educate every possible person on ways to better protect themselves, their families, homes, businesses, and personal property.
Educate every possible person on ways to better help the Newtown Police help you.
Maintain a two-way communication between the Newtown Police and the residents and business owners of Newtown.
ATV Laws and current issues:
HOME SECURITY INSPECTIONS:
Upon appointment, the Newtown Police Crime Prevention Services Unit will conduct a residential security inspection of your property.
A home security inspection will:
1. Determine existing security conditions.
2. Identify deficiencies.
3. Determine the protection needed.
4. Make recommendations for improvement.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM:
1. Home security and lighting
2. Identity Theft
3. Personal Safety
4. Child Safety
5. Bicycle Safety and Registration
6. Alarm Systems
7. Vendor Laws
NEWTOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT AND ALARM SYSTEMS:
1. No person shall install or operate an alarm system within the Town of Newtown until a registration form has been filed with the Newtown Police Department,
2. All registrants will be required to pay a one-time registration fee of $15.00 for each alarm system registered.
The Newtown Police Department shall monitor all false alarms on a calendar year basis. In order to discourage false alarms, the following fee schedule shall be set forth for each calendar year:
1. For the first three false alarms No Charge
2. For the fourth such false alarm $30.00
3. For each subsequent false alarm $50.00
Any person who performs or causes to be performed any of the following acts shall be subject to a fine pursuant to section 7-148 of the Connecticut General Statutes not to exceed $100.00:
1. Intentional causing of false alarm.
2. Failure to register an Alarm System or give notice of any changes to a current registration.
Each day of such failure shall constitute a separate violation.