Information Submitted to Town of Newtown Web Site
The Town of Newtown web site does not retain personally identifiable information about you when you visit our web site unless you choose to provide such information to us (i.e. sending an e-mail, participating in a survey, responding to a feedback or "contact us" form, etc.)
We consider any information that could reasonably be used to identify you as "personally identifying information." This includes, but is not limited to:
• Your name
• Your address
• Your telephone number
• Your e-mail address
Town of Newtown government agencies may request personally identifiable information from you in order to provide requested services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to that same agency.
If personal information is requested on the web site or volunteered by the user, state and federal law may protect it. However, this information is a public record once you provide it, and may be subject to public inspection and copying if not protected by state or federal law.
Collection of Information by Town of Newtown Web Site
In order to improve the content and usability of this web site, the Town of Newtown web site automatically collects several categories of information from users. This information includes the following:
• The Internet Protocol address of your Internet Service Provider and/or your computer, if your computer has an IP address assigned directly to it.
• The Domain Name of your Internet Service Provider and/or your computer, if your computer has a domain name assigned directly to it.
• The type of browser (such as, for example Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.) used and the operating system resident on a user's computer.
• The date and time a user visited the site.
• The web pages accessed at the site, as well as any applications used and forms data.
The Town uses this information to identify site performance needs; to ensure compatibility with the technology used by Town of Newtown web site visitors, and to generally add and improve services offered on Town of Newtown web site. In order to accomplish those goals, from time to time, the Town may conduct statistical analysis of the data it collects.
The Town of Newtown web site does not collect data for commercial or marketing purposes, and does not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute the data collected by its web site for commercial or marketing purposes.