The Edmond Town Hall, a multipurpose building, housing town government offices, a movie theatre, banquet hall, gymnasium and meeting rooms was constructed for the community by a local benefactress Mary Elizabeth Hawley and dedicated in 1930. The building was named for Miss Hawley’s maternal great grandfather Judge William Edmond. Responsibility for the management and upkeep of the facility resides in the hands of a six member bipartisan elected board of managers. In 2002 the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Town of Newtown 3 Primrose Street, Newtown, CT 06470 Hours: 8AM - 4:30PM, Mon. - Fri.