Come and learn about the Freedom of Information Act.
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Newtown Municipal Center
The FOI Commission conducts workshops around the state helping citizens and officials understand their rights and their obligations under the FOI Act.
Speaker: Mr. Thomas A. Hennick, Public Information Officer from the Freedom of Information Commission.
- Hear an overview of Freedom of Information Act requirements including:
- Types of meetings.
- What “groups” fall under FOI regulations?
- Meeting notice requirements.
- Filing of meeting minutes.
- When to enter executive session; who can be included; what can be discussed; what action can be taken? How to identify executive session on the Agenda? What is the motion to go into Executive session?
- Requests for public records.
- Questions and Answers.
All Department Heads, Board and Commission Members and the Public are encouraged to attend this free workshop.