Supporting Newtown's Food Pantries
Your help is needed to produce fresh produce to the food pantries in Newtown.
The Victory Garden has doubled in size, and thanks to some very generous donors, the new garden has high tensile steel woven deer fencing. The Parks & Recreation Department cultivates the soil, and provides irrigation. The site has full sun, and parking is nearby.
The Victory Garden is supported by the
Donate: All donations are made through the Parks and Recreation Department:
Some guidelines of the garden:
• Volunteers should form teams, and will be given a 150 square foot plot of garden. The produce will go directly to the food pantries. Share the work with a team; learn from each other and other teams.
• Each team should have a placard/sign on its row with a team name. The funnier the better!
• There are no fees associated with the garden.
• No non-organic herbicides or pesticides are allowed in the garden. Fertilizers are allowed.
• Help with the garden preparation and planning.
• Are you an experienced vegetable gardener? Teach novice gardeners and students. Hold a workshop or class at the garden.
• Students needing volunteer hours are welcome along with Girls Scouts and Eagle Scouts projects.
• No time to commit to owning a row? The uncommitted can garden without owning a row but help others with community or shared rows.
Please note: last year’s volunteers get right of first refusal.
|Row Registration form for Victory Garden||412.16 KB|