Located on Philo Curtis Road in Sandy Hook, this park is open from 9 am until sundown. This park was dedicated to Timothy B. Treadwell. Amenities include four tennis courts, a ball wall, basketball court, two playground areas, two pavilions, multi-purpose baseball/softball field and 2 regulation size soccer field. Treadwell Park also boasts a swimming pool complex, featuring an eight lane, 25 yard pool, with a diving "L" and a wading pool. Locker facilities are available.
l Four tennis courts
l A ball wall
l Basketball court
l Two Playground areas
l Two pavilions
l Multi-purpose baseball/softball field
l Two regulation size soccer fields
l An eight-lane 25 yard pool, with a diving "L" and a wading pool
l Changing quarters and locker facilities are available
* Application must be made at the Parks and Recreation Office.
* The fee schedule for the Treadwell Park pavilion is:
Newtown Residents ::
$50.00 deposit and $175.00 rental fee.
$50.00 deposit and $325.00 rental fee
$50.00 deposit and $425.00 rental fee
Directions ( FROM THE FLAGPOLE)
Turn east on Church Hill Road
Straight through 5 lights onto Riverside Road
Past Sandy Hook Firehouse (on right)
Turn right onto Philo Curtis Road
The entrance to the park is on the right - look for the tennis courts
To reach the pool, pavilion and playground areas, drive through the parking lot pass the tennis courts and ball fields.
- Park hours are 9 am until sundown
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult
- Dogs and horses are not permitted in the park
- Vehicles must park in designated areas only
- No frisbee, ball playing, skateboarding or roller blading in picnic areas, tennis, basketball courts or parking lot
- Tennis lessons by Parks and Recreation ONLY
- Restrooms are to be kept clean. They are for your convenience
- Please report lost articles or any damage to the Parks and Recreation Office