Those interested in submitting a design for consideration by the Sandy Hook Permanent Memorial Commission, must follow the below guidelines. Please review the Guidelines for Selecting a Design (GSD) to ensure you have a full understanding of the scope of the project.
Step 1: Should you plan to submit a design, you must first submit the registration form and biographical statement, which can be found by clicking HERE. The form should be filled out and submitted directly on that link.
This link will be open from September 22nd, 2017 - December 15th, 2017.
Step 2: The SHPMC will confirm receipt of the registration form and designer bio within 2 business days and will provide you with a unique identification number, which you will then use on all submitted materials moving forward.
Step 3: Submit design materials. Submissions must be made digitally, identified only by your identification number, following these instructions beginning October 13th, 2017 and concluding December 15, 2017. Please note, you may submit your registration form (step 1) beginning on September 22, 2017.
Step 4: To submit your design and upload the below two files, please click HERE.
- Project Narrative (outlined in 9.2 of Design Guidelines)
- Design files (outlined in 9.2 of Design Guidelines)
Submission Content (must be submitted under registration id number beginning October 13, 2017 and concluding December 15, 2017).
- Project Narrative, not to exceed 1 page, which presents the concept, intent, and program of the proposed Memorial design;
- 2 Plans:
- One plan to show core aspects of the proposed memorial, scale to be determined by designer (no smaller than 1”=20’)
- Overall site plan, showing entry drive, parking, and proposed paths (1”= 30’);
- 2 Plans:
- Elevations (min. 2);
- Sections (min. 2);
- 3-D rendering and/or illustrative drawings (no more than 5).
- Submissions shall be made via pdf files, in total not to exceed 15 MB in size.
- Text should not be less than 12 point and in a standard font such as Times Roman or Arial to ensure that it can be read easily when projected in a 30-person conference room setting.
Phase I Submissions Accepted Until December 15, 2017 at 5:00 pm (EST)
Applicants will receive an email acknowledgement that their memorial design submission has been successfully received. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 5 business days from uploading the files, contact the Commission at SandyHookPermanentMemorial@gmail.com.