The Town Clerks office is responsible for the filing of 180 different types of documents. The land record fees are as follows.
Our Land Record INDEX is available online here.
- $53.00 first page
- $5.00 each subsequent page or portion.
- $2.00 each transfer reportable to State
- $5.00 if current mailing address of grantee not given
- $1.00 if names of those executing, witnessing and acknowledging are not typed or printed under signature
Copies, certified copies of land records and maps
- Copies of documents - $1.00 each page
- For certified copies - $2.00
- Copies of maps- 11x17 $3.00 Engineer/Blue line 24x36 $5.00
- Certifying a map - $2.00 each
- Conveyance taxes for local as well as State taxes are handled through the Town Clerk's office and monies are then sent to the State.
- Conveyance tax forms.
- Residential property & unimproved land - .0075-x consideration
Local Conveyance Tax
- All categories - .0025 x consideration.
- Any map - $10.00
- Maps of subdivisions - $20.00
- All maps can be viewed on our public computers in the office and copies can be made upon request.