- Sgt. Matt Wood
- Off. Stephanie Thibodeau
- Off. John McDermott
- Off. William Hull
- Off. Adam "ACE" James
- Telephone Number 203-426-5841
IT IS THE MISSION OF THE NEWTOWN POLICE CRIME PREVENTION SERVICES UNIT TO:
- Educate every possible person on ways to better protect themselves, their families, homes, businesses, and personal property.
- Educate every possible person on ways to better help the Newtown Police help you.
- Maintain a two-way communication between the Newtown Police and the residents and business owners of Newtown.
ATV Laws and current issues:
HOME SECURITY INSPECTIONS:
Upon appointment, the Newtown Police Crime Prevention Services Unit will conduct a residential security inspection of your property.
A home security inspection will:
- Determine existing security conditions.
- Identify deficiencies.
- Determine the protection needed.
- Make recommendations for improvement.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM:
- Home security and lighting suggestions
- Identity Theft
- Personal Safety
- Child Safety
- Bicycle Safety and Registration
- Vendor Laws
NEWTOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT AND ALARM SYSTEMS:
Town of Newtown has updated it's Residential and Commercial Alarm System Ordinance (#104).
- No person shall install or operate an alarm system within the Town of Newtown until a registration form has been filed with the Newtown Police Department,
- All registrants will be required to upkeep all registration information.
The Newtown Police Department shall monitor all false alarms on a calendar year basis. In order to discourage false alarms, the following fee schedule shall be set forth for each calendar year:
False Alarm Fine Schedule
False Alarm In a Registration Year
|12 and beyond|