- Sgt. David Kullgren
- Off. Maryhelen McCarthy
- Off. Felica Figol
- Off. Richard Monckton
- Telephone Number 203-270-4255
IT IS THE MISSION OF THE NEWTOWN POLICE CRIME PREVENTION SERVICES UNIT TO:
- Educate every possible person on ways to better protect themselves, their families, homes, businesses, and personal property.
- Educate every possible person on ways to better help the Newtown Police help you.
- Maintain a two-way communication between the Newtown Police and the residents and business owners of Newtown.
HOME SECURITY INSPECTIONS:
Upon appointment, the Newtown Police Crime Prevention Services Unit will conduct a residential security inspection of your property.
A home security inspection will:
- Determine existing security conditions.
- Identify deficiencies.
- Determine the protection needed.
- Make recommendations for improvement.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM:
- Home security and lighting
- Identity Theft
- Personal Safety
- Child Safety
- Bicycle Safety and Registration
- Alarm Systems
- Vendor Laws
NEWTOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT AND ALARM SYSTEMS:
Town of Newtown Code Section 203 Alarm Systems
- No person shall install or operate an alarm system within the Town of Newtown until a registration form has been filed with the Newtown Police Department,
- All registrants will be required to pay a one-time registration fee of $15.00 for each alarm system registered.
The Newtown Police Department shall monitor all false alarms on a calendar year basis. In order to discourage false alarms, the following fee schedule shall be set forth for each calendar year:
- For the first three false alarms No Charge
- For the fourth such false alarm $30.00
- For each subsequent false alarm $50.00
Any person who performs or causes to be performed any of the following acts shall be subject to a fine pursuant to section 7-148 of the Connecticut General Statutes not to exceed $100.00:
- Intentional causing of false alarm.
- Failure to register an Alarm System or give notice of any changes to a current registration.
Each day of such failure shall constitute a separate violation.