Temporary Events


As warmer weather approaches and with summer just around the corner many groups and organizations are preparing for seasonal events such as church fairs, fund raising picnics and carnivals. The Newtown Health District wants to help make these events healthy, safe and successful by ensuring that food served at these events is safe for the public to consume. To do this the health district requires that any operation offering food to the public obtain a temporary food service license. If your facility rents space to groups serving food to the public, please advice them to contact the health district.

Organizers may obtain an application for a temporary food service license from the health district or online (see above)  and should submit it at least two weeks prior to the scheduled event. Every applicant will receive a Temporary Food Service Guide containing basic food safety information and personal instruction on proper food handling. To review specific details regarding upcoming events please contact Suzette Le Blanc or by calling the health district at 203-270-4291.

The Newtown Health District is located at 3 Primrose Street in Newtown. Please contact Newtown Health District for more information and to obtain a Temporary Food Service License application (download application above).