When purchasing a new permit or renewing, a year permit is for the primary vehicle. Additional vehicles are Permit +1 for 2 cars or Permit +2 for 3 cars
Purchasing a permit on-line can take up to 7 days to be processed.
- $10.00 for each extra bin. Replacements or new resident bins are free.
- Recycling bins can be picked up ONLY at the Highway Department
- The Highway Department is located at 4 Turkey Hill Road - 7:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
(Year Pass) are valid from July 1 through June 30
- Transfer Station Fees:
- Day Pass - $20
- Month Pass - $30
- Year Pass - $100 in person, or *$95 on-line
- Senior - $90 in person, or *$85 on-line
- Second Car - $10
- *The $5 Year permit discount is available year round for NEW permits. It will only be available for renewals until July 31 of each year.
- Demolition and Construction Debris: $95 per cubic yard (must be 4 ft. or less)
- Brush: $10 per cubic yard (stumps and trees over 3" in diameter)
RECYCLING AT THE TRANSFER STATION - Free to all Newtown Residents
- Goodwill and Salvation Army
- Electronics - TV, Computer, Printer, VCR, Fax Machines, Video Gaming Systems, Digital Cameras
- Mattress and Box Springs
- Plastics, Aluminum, Glass and Cardboard
- Motor Oil
- Car and Rechargable Batteries
For more information or to find a registered hauler click here.