What happens if I need a Motor Vehicle Clearance Form to register/re-register at the Department of Motor Vehicles?

The Tax Office is directly linked to DMV.  To obtain clearance at DMV all delinquent motor vehicle tax bills must be paid in full.  Cash, bank check, money order or credit or debit card (see may I pay my taxes by credit card?) is required for taxes due on the 2017 and prior grand lists and 2018 and prior grand lists.  Back taxes must be paid first (CT General Statute 12-144b).  Once payment is made please call the Tax Office at 203-270-4320 Mon.-Fri. (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) to get cleared immediately at DMV.  We will ask you for your confirmation number you received from Point and Pay.  No paper releases are accepted at DMV.