Located on scenic Elm Drive in Newtown, this park was dedicated to former Newtown First selectman A. Fenn Dickinson in 1955. This park is open to Newtown residents from 9 a.m. until sundown. A park permit is required on any vehicle entering the park. There is something to do for people of all ages.
- Five built tennis courts
- Softball field
- Basketball court - Newly built
- Two playground areas
- Funspace creative play area
- Pavilion and picnic facilities complete with charcoal grills
- Skate Park-Rules
Application must be made at the Parks and Recreation office.
The fee schedule for the Dickinson Park pavilion is:
$50.00 deposit and $200.00 rental fee.
$50.00 deposit and $375.00 rental fee
Newtown Non profit:
$50.00 deposit and $250.00 rental fee.
$50.00 deposit and $450.00 rental fee
NOTE: There are no longer any exemptions from the fees listed above!
Directions ( FROM THE FLAGPOLE )
- South on Rte. 25 to intersection with Rte. 302
- Turn right onto Rte. 302
- Turn left onto Elm Drive
- The first entrance to the park is on the right, past the cemetery and baseball fields (The tennis courts and pavilion can be reached from this entrance.)
- The second entrance to the park is on Brushy Hill Road
- Drive past the first entrance
- Turn right onto Brushy Hill Road
The second entrance is immediately on the right through the fence (The skatepark, playground and ballfield can be reached from this entrance.)
- DOGS AND HORSES ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE PARK OR ON THE TRAILS
- Open to Newtown residents ONLY from 8 a.m. until sundown. Brushy Hill Gate is locked at 8 p.m.
- Permit required on all vehicles entering the Park.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by and adult.
- Dogs and horses are not permitted in the park
- Bicycles, skateboards and roller blades are not permitted on the picnic, ballfield areas, tennis courts or pavilion. No skateboards or roller blades in the parking lot.
- Elm Drive gate is for two-way traffic.
- Vehicles must park in designated areas only. No vehicles permitted in the picnic area.
- No frisbee ball playing, or tennis on basketball courts, pavilion, picnic areas or parking lot.
- No wading or playing in the brook.
- Children using Funspace must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Tennis lessons by Parks & Recreation only.
- Please use garbage receptacles. Anyone found littering will be subject to a fine.
- Restrooms are to be kept clean. They are for your convenience.
- Please report lost articles or any damage to the Parks & Recreation office.