Offering a total scenic package, this park is located at the end of Hanover Road in Newtown, on Lake Lillinonah. In addition to a beautiful view of the lake, there are picnic tables, charcoal grills and the boat launch. There are portable bathroom facilities and parking. NO SWIMMING is allowed at the park, as boats pose too much danger. Open to Newtown residents only. Cars must display a current park permit in order to enter the park.
- Boat launch
- Picnic area
- Charcoal grills
- Portable bathroom facilities
Directions (From the Flagpole)
- North on route 25
- Turn right at the Veterans Memorial onto Hanover Road
- Turn left after bridge, staying on Hanover Road
- Past Pond Brook and State boating ramp
- Stay straight on Hanover Road
- The park entrance is at the end of the road on the right
- Open to Newtown residents ONLY from 7 am - 8 pm. Current park permit must be displayed on car winsheild.
- No overnight parking or camping. Maxium of two picnic tables per group.
- The dock is used only for loading and unloading boats. No other use allowed; ie fishing, sunbathing, water skiing, diving or boat mooring.
- All boats must be properly registered and meet all boating regulations as pertaining to safety equipment, such as no open exhaust or excessive noise.
- DO NOT run boat engines on shore. The ramp is to be used for launching or taking out boats. NO swimming, fishing, boat mooring/maintenance.
- NO Swimming at this park. Parking is limited; therefore, first-come, first served.
- Please report any damages to the Parks and Recreation Office.
- Please report lost articles or any damages to the Parks and Recreation Office.